To provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a modern workplace.
Office Manager Course
Souters Office Manager Course is accredited by the CPD Institute, which focuses on accredited, high-quality training for professionals in various industries. An experienced Office Manager trainer and business trainer deliver the course. All of the learning exercises are highly interactive.
Office Manager Course Objective
To enable the learners to gain the wide range of skills required to become a successful Office Manager. On successful completion, the learner should have gained a range of skills that will boost their confidence and career options.
This three-day Office Manager Course is delivered in a Virtual Classroom with live tutors. The course contains a mixture of interactive sessions and practical exercises. Highly experienced trainers deliver the course with backgrounds in Office Management and Business skills.
OFFICE MANAGER COURSE
Understand why your role is essential.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role is defined.
- Knowledge of related functional areas
HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning – an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and Finance
- Setting objectives
Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to coordinate with higher-level objectives
- Learn the finer points of why effective communication is essential; become an effective communicator and leader.
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
- Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence to the broader team
- Business acumen
Negotiate effectively and lead a team
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision-making techniques
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Handling difficulty
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
- Leadership – Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in the team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
- Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Organising the team
- The importance of the client
Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
- Your future career
- Career Development Plan
Dates and Duration
A 3-day course from Monday to Wednesday, from 10:30 to 16:30. Virtual Classroom training is delivered online.
Office managers looking to gain formal training and certification in their field
Administration who are looking to become Office Managers. You can take the Office Manager Diploma.
The course requirements are not fixed. Some experience in Administration would be ideal.
- CPD Accredited Certification on successful completion.
- Far greater confidence in the workplace
- A wide mix of skills to deal with challenging Office Manager Jobs
- A clear Career Development plan for the future
Please visit the Office Manager Courses on our main website if in doubt.